[Lazarus] errors: Upper bound of case range is less than lower bound and duplicate case label

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 23:31:06 CET 2013

On 1/22/13, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 7:20 PM, Bart <bartjunk64 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> You cannot define ranges for Floats (they would be uncoutable infinite)
>
> Huh? Actually, you can. Real number interval is a well-known
> mathematical concept (see

I did hope the context made it clear I meant range as in Ordinal.

> Also note that, contrarty to "true" real numbers, floats are a finite set.

Of course.
Also, Strings (as defined in Pascal currently) are also not infinite,
due to length limitation.

So, my argument was meant as some sort of philosophical perspective.
I really don't care wether fpc implements it or not.

In the manner used by OP I would never use it, since it makes the code
more diffcult to understand (just because of the ranges and the way <
and > act on strings).
IMO Case should be used to make code more understandable.

Bart