[Lazarus] TStringGrid.AutoEdit and options

Bart bartjunk64 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 27 15:23:00 CET 2013

On 1/27/13, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> TStringGrid has:
> - property AutoEdit:Boolean
> - Options eoGoEdit
> - Options eoAlwaysShowEditor
>
> I figured some behavioural differences with the options.
>
> But I can set AutoEdit True/False nothing changes. What does it do? Or
> what Should it do?

If Autoedit is False and goAlwaysShowEditor is not in Options, then
clicking on a cell will not enable editing. If AutoEdit is True, then
clicking on the cell will enable editing (goEditing must be in options
of course).
(Look at the code in TCustomGrid.MouseDown)

As to goEditing: it seems to act as ReadOnly does in other controls.
If so (I might be wrong) then why not replace it with ReadOnly property?

Bart