[Lazarus] finding the package of the unit

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jan 28 17:04:18 CET 2013

On 28/01/2013 15:58, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Mon, 28 Jan 2013 17:50:47 +0200
> ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 5:46 PM, ik <idokan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How can If find what is the package that the file
>>> lazarusidestrconsts.pas belongs to ?
Context menu on editor tabs. See if it is in one of the packages tabs,
or the project. Or if it was not added to either a package or project
>> Answering myself: ide.lpk
>> "never forger to use grep lpk" :)
> The ide.lpk is a debugging tool for the IDE.
NEVER use it. It exists only so the debugger can have testcases.

Maybe other testcase later.
>>> I need to use some of it's text with my plugins. Strings such as
>>> srkmCatSrcNoteBook.
>>>
>>> It looks like internal file of the IDE, but it contain a lot of text
>>> that can be used with components and plugins in general that register
>>> themselves to the IDE.
> Keep in mind that the translators had the IDE in mind.
>
> Maybe this unit can be moved to lazcontrols.

IMHO: selected entries could be moved.

some to ideintf maybe. some to lazcontrols, or lazutils?