[Lazarus] debugging a lazarus plugins

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Jan 28 21:22:10 CET 2013

On 28/01/2013 19:15, ik wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:06 PM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:

>>> Either debug the entire IDE (open ide/lazarus.lpi and hit F9),
>>
>> In which case, it may be helpful to use a 2nd primar-config-path, for diff
>> window locations (or colors)... (I personally do not, I move them each time)
> I'm not sure that I understand you

Well I just run the IDE in the debugger. That happens if I open
ide/lazarus.lpi and hit F9

But it has the danger of mixing up debuggee and debugger

So if you use -pcp= in "run params" then you can save different window
locations, or diff editor colrs, even diff config, and even load a diff
lazarus.exe (as long as it is in sync with the ource you have open)

As I said, I do not use -pcp, I just move the window, after the debuggee
. I have 2 screens so enough space

>>> or write a test case.
> How can I write a test case for such thing ?
> I mean, it uses internal IDE stuff ...

The debugger has the same issue.

That is where I use the ide.lpk
You MUST rebuild the IDE from the tools menu, and then compile the test,
if the test uses this package.

You get real nasty errors, if you compile the test, and it tries to
compile the package !!!! Real nasty. ppu in wrong location. Only fix, by
find and delete ppu