[Lazarus] Form ordering problem on tiling window manager

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Jan 31 09:39:49 CET 2013

On Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:24:38 +0100
Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:

>[...]
> But rather often something happens (I don't know what exactly and I'd
> like to find this out) and then I can click on the window and I use the
> switching window keyboard shortcut all I want and nothing happens. This
> even goes so far that modal dialogs (exception windows, open/save
> dialog) are opened behind(!) all other windows. So I first need to move
> the IDE and other windows out of the way before I can work in that
> dialog. I need to restart the IDE to revert to the original behavior
> again (for a while...).
> For now I've only achieved this problem with the IDE, not with a custom
> program. It would be nice if someone had an idea what I could test to
> narrow this problem down (the console output does not print anything
> useful).

If you have trouble with ShowModal, then it is a bug in the LCL gtk2
interface or below.
ShowModal had in the past some problems with other window managers
too.
Please update to 40085, compile with -dVerboseTransient, then run again.
When it happens again look at the end of the output for 'DEFINE
transient'.

Mattias