[Lazarus] v1.0.8 - why would code navigation stop working?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Jul 3 16:11:06 CEST 2013

Hi,

What would cause code navigation (Ctrl+Click) to stop working in Lazarus
IDE. I have the correct FPC source path, compiler path, packages etc.
Compiling my projects work fine, but for the life of me I don't know why
code navigation stopped working.

I even tried switching between FPC 2.6.2 and 2.7.1 (compiler and source
path), but that made no difference to Lazarus IDE.

Lazarus 0.9.30.1 in the same Windows 2000 VM works fine, but my
installed Lazarus 1.0.8 doesn't.

Maybe related to the above problem.... If I press Ctrl+Space to prompt
code insight (list of available methods to an object) then Lazarus IDE
*always* jumps to a code unit in fpGUI, and always to the 'contnrs' unit
in the interface's uses clause. Yet, there is NO coding errors because
the project compiles fine.

Regards,
  - Graeme -