[Lazarus] old problem on FreeBSD: ld cannot find -lc_r

Marc Santhoff M.Santhoff at web.de
Fri Jul 19 04:34:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

after unpacking the brand new lazarus 1.0.10 and compiling it anything
works fine. The next step was to install the lazreport package into the
IDE. Compilation worked up to the linking process:

  /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lc_r
  lazarus.pp(135) Error: Error while linking
  lazarus.pp(135) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

This is pretty old and I had this once while FreeBSD was swapping one
threading library for another. Nowadays "-lc_r" is unsupported AFAIK and
one should use "-lpthread" instead.

I have searched lazarus' Makefiles, my personal configuration in
".lazarus" and checked there is no mapping file for the linker messing
things up. The fpc.cfg seems to be fine (an unaltered by me) too.

Where does this come from?
Where should I search to find the error?

TIA,
Marc

FreeBSD 9.1-STABLE amd64
fpc 2.6.0