[Lazarus] Package main source on project lpr

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Jul 2 16:44:24 CEST 2013

On Tue, 2 Jul 2013 11:14:04 -0300
Fabio Luis Girardi <fluisgirardi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi to everybody!
>

> A friend are working in redesigning all PascalSCADA packages, with the
> main target to remove all graphical dependencies, to make it usable on
> console applications and service applications. Talking with he, we
> have a question:
>
> Why Lazarus includes on the project LPR the main source of each
> package used instead of only add the package path to the project unit
> path and the unit of the used component to the uses clause of
> respective form/datamodule?
>
> E.g: If I include any component of the package pascalscada_hmi.lpk,
> the source pascalscada_hmi.pas will be included on project LPR. Why?

This is controlled via the package option / Usage / Add package to uses
section.
For example if a package implements a graphic format the package
has initialization sections, but the project does not use any
package unit directly. In that case the option can be enabled and the
IDE adds the package unit to the lpr automatically.

Mattias