[Lazarus] Accents in IDE and my apps

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Mon Jul 8 11:18:58 CEST 2013

On Sun, 07 Jul 2013 22:22:45 -0300
Éderson Cássio <ederson_cassio at yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Em 07-07-2013 21:40, Éderson Cássio escreveu:
> > Em 07-07-2013 15:54, Mattias Gaertner escreveu:

[...]
> >> Looking at the bug thread it seems that there is no solution yet that
> >> works on all systems, right?
[...]
> Done, I have just tested GTK2 in Windows (XP). The letter duplication
> doesn't happen. If I type an accent (a dead key) in one control, and
> move the focus to other control, the first "loses" the accent. It's a
> good behavior (to me). I made the change in gtk2proc.inc and the
> behavior remains the same.
>
> In Linux, with the original gtk2proc.inc, I have the letter duplication
> problem. Changing the gtk2 binding code, I can type accents fine. But,
> if I type a dead key in one control and move to other, the accent
> "stays" in the first control, waiting for the letter. I don't see it as
> a big problem.
>
> The changes I made:
> - Remove the CheckDeadKey procedure
> - Replace its call by a: *gtk_im_context_filter_keypress(im_context,
> AEvent);**

I meant:
It seems for some people the accented characters do work on their gtk2
system, for others it does not work. If you change it, it
might break on other systems. Maybe it depends on gtk2 version,
keyboard and window manager.
You have to test it on various gtk2 systems or ask people with other
systems to test.

Mattias