[Lazarus] Accents in IDE and my apps

Éderson Cássio ederson_cassio at yahoo.com.br
Sat Jul 13 00:36:26 CEST 2013

I wrote on this thread because I'd like to help to improve Lazarus code as I find problems with it.

It was a problem for which I could produce a solution in the LCL code, but Mattias Gaertner said me the problem doesn't occur on all systems. Well, I found one situation when the problem occurs, on my system.

It's not only a "my system" problem, it's a problem in the way the GTK2 Lazarus widgetset interacts with some systems (including mine). I say that because other GTK2 applications have a normal behavior, even Lazarus applications when my system language is "English". Maybe an "if" would solve the problem; I just want to keep talking to someone who can guide me in the LCL changes without causing disasters. Mattias gave me an advice (thanks!), and I have found a new direction.