[Lazarus] Lazarus, Jedi etc.

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Sat Jul 13 16:08:54 CEST 2013

leledumbo wrote:
> The whole JEDI sucks, dependencies hell everywhere and IS TIED TO WINDOWS!
> Some of the components have been converted though.
> Virtual Treeview is available for Lazarus.
> Quickreport is not needed because we have LazReport, more over, FastReport
> is also Lazarus compatible.
> Lazarus can connect to many DBMS, MySQL is one of them.

Yes, he knows about the database situation: his initial query was about
how best to use Delphi with MySQL.

I was aware that at least part of JEDI had been converted (can anybody
expand on this?), but I don't know his exact areas of interest. Also I
was aware that Virtual Treeview had been compatible for quite some time
(several years?) but didn't want to tell him bluntly that his
understanding was outdated.

I believe that he's been using Quickreport for some while, so I suspect
that his compatibility requirements would be quite aggressive. Comments,
anyone?

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk