[Lazarus] Firefox OS

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 11:23:51 CEST 2013

On 15-7-2013 10:45, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 10:02 AM, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
>> I read the Firefox OS is gaining support by cell phone manufactures and
>> distributors (e.g. "Deutsche Telekom").
>
> There is also Bada and WebOS ... in my opinion there are too many
> mobile OS, for me personally I think it is best to simply forget that
> mobile OS's with less than 5% market share exist at all. It is not
> worth the time to study them.

And Sailfish and Tizen...
(Is Bada still alive BTW?)

Agreed.
However, a lot of these smaller players all focus on
Javascript+HTML5+OS-specific APIs/extensions.
As the first 2 parts of that stack are always the same, targeting that
part may be a bit more worthwile.

However, as long as there is overwhelming market share for iOS+Android,
supporting those does seem to be the easiest way.