[Lazarus] Firefox OS

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Mon Jul 15 22:47:12 CEST 2013

Sven Barth wrote:
> On 15.07.2013 11:41, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>> OTOH, Michael's Pascal-to-Javascript translator project comes handy in
>>> that case.
>>
>> But do we really want to go there? The FPC and Lazarus projects are
>> stretched enough as it is, without having to get involved in Javascript
>> language issues.
>>

> A JS backend would be something that some developers would indeed like
> (me included).

asm.js does seem to have a lot going for it. So I suppose a fair
question is to what extent custom-drawn LCLs for Android and Firefox OS
could share code, and whether this abstraction could be useful for other
targets e.g. framebuffer or "naked" X.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk