[Lazarus] Lazarus, Jedi etc.

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Wed Jul 17 11:03:36 CEST 2013

On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 09:49:48AM +0200, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 16/07/2013 18:18, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> >>
> >> I'm just saying the rants may be justified if mysql cannot be configured
> >> to follow the RDBMS integrity norms.
> >> Obviously you don't know if that is possible either, so let's give the
> >> ranters the benefit of the doubt.
> >
> > Sigh, I thought I was clear on that.  Using Graeme's example:
>
> So, QED: Mysql is not standards-compliant, the ranters have a point?

WTF?  Graeme complained that the insert didn't fail in his example, I
just showed that if you select the "traditional" sql mode, it does fail.
As documented.  So the ranters don't have a point, since they can set
the sql mode in the configuration of the server, or even per session (as
many people already do).