[Lazarus] Memo for touchscreen

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Fri Jul 19 20:37:56 CEST 2013

On 7/19/2013 03:19, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
> Op 18-07-13 17:32, waldo kitty schreef:
>> On 7/18/2013 07:54, Koenraad Lelong wrote:
>> whatever you choose, you appear to need at least some sort of on-screen
>> keyboard component like some (so-called) smartphones have...
>>
> Waldo,
>
> I was working on that.
> I also thought of "virtual keyboards", but then the problem arises how to invoke
> these. I mean, most of the time I don't need a keyboard. But when I need it, how
> do I pop it up ? Could be as simple as calling the application's name, but then
> how do I remove it ? I need to study and try. The simplest thing seems making my
> own virtual keyboard.

i would think that a button on the main interface that one could tap to bring up
the virtual keyboard would be the way to go... then tap that same button to hide
the virtual keyboard again... that's likely what i would do if i were in your
position... that also based on what little i've interfaced with the two
(so-called) smartphones i've ever held for any length of time ;)