[Lazarus] ReactOS

Paul Breneman list2010 at BrenemanLabs.com
Sun Jul 28 21:55:30 CEST 2013

On 07/28/2013 07:21 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> I just tried ReactOS in a VirtualBox, it already looks quite useful.
> Even Lazarus is offered for installation! :-)
>
> Unfortunately compiling my first Hello World program crashes the system,
> have to turn off the VM :-(
>
> Is somebody familiar with this problem? Who contributed Lazarus to ReactOS?
>
> DoDi

I've been doing a little testing on ReactOS for the past several years.
  Here are the Win32 programs I use:
   http://www.ctrlterm.com/
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm

I've also worked a bit to get ReactOS working on some embedded hardware.
  You can read a little more about that here:
   http://www.turbocontrol.com/reactos.htm

I think ReactOS is usable right now for Kiosk type apps (on a system
that only runs a single app).  I doubt it will ever be good enough to
use as my main OS, but for embedded (console or GUI) apps it is probably
very close.  And the full source code is available so there is little
risk in such use.