[Lazarus] ReactOS

Kostas Michalopoulos badsectoracula at gmail.com
Mon Jul 29 08:46:59 CEST 2013

Every now and then i try ReactOS to see how things are going, but always
find some showstopper bugs. I might be a bit harsh, but i think that there
has to be something fundamentally broken with their approach if the project
is 17 years old (according to the copyright line at least) and they still
have issues with clipping regions (moving a window over another flickers
already visible stuff - which should never happen), bitmaps, etc. Also
sometimes opening a file dialog brings the whole thing to a blue screen -
i'd expect people to work on stabilizing the kernel before starting work on
the GUI. Sadly because of these issues i don't see it becoming usable as a
desktop OS any time soon.

Having said that, command-line stuff seem to more or less work, so  i was
considering using it to make automated Windows builds. Assuming this won't
crash the system, it should do the work just fine.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 10:16 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk