[Lazarus] Behavior of Lazarus windows CE seems to differ from the windows mobile behavior

"Arí Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Mon Jul 29 23:50:35 CEST 2013

Windows 8 is used in tablets, notebooks and desktops. It has a great likeness to windows phone. Windows phone was create to substitutes operating systems that runs on handhelds and smartphones.

Windows Mobile and Windows CE was developed to run in handhelds and smartphones. There is a third operating system by MS named Pocket PC. Theoretically they are similar, but my experience shows me that Lazarus seems to run better under Windows Mobile 6 and later. I have a stable high reliable application for windows mobile hat have serious troubles to run under Windows CE and doesn't run in Pocket PC.

The Lazarus IDE is the same. You only must configure certain properties to generate executables to run in handhelds.

Hope I have give you some help

Ricardo