[Lazarus] GDB and threads

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jun 1 10:34:54 CEST 2013

Hello,

I am using the latest lazarus, and I start getting the error:

Cannot find new threads: generic error

Looking for this message on internet I find that I can specify to gdb
which threading library to use, using a command similar to

set env LD_PRELOAD /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0

(the exact value depends on the system you use)

I put this in my .gdbinit, so it would be used always, but now I find that
this file is not being read because Lazarus specifies -nx to gdb.

How can I solve this ?

Quite a bummer if you can't debug during a FPC hackathon :(

Michael.