[Lazarus] [ANN] Greyhound, a tiny ORM-ish for Free Pascal

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sat Jun 15 19:26:48 CEST 2013

Hi list,

I'm glad to announce the 0.1.7 release of Greyhound.
Greyhound is a tiny ORM-ish for Free Pascal and I'm work on this
project since May 05, 2012.

https://github.com/mdbs99/Greyhound

Features

- It will help you with a thin layer to read/write data in a DBMS, but
don't trying to simulate a pure object model;
- It use SQL as query language and does not try to create a complex
abstraction between objects and tables;
- It implements relationship between tables using "Links" property
(1-n, n-1, m-n... whatever you want);
- It implements constraints for tables (default, check and unique);
- It was inspired in ActiveRecord pattern;
- It allows developers to have greater control of SQL rather than
relying on the framework to generate it automatically;
- It has easy transaction support;
- It has the ability to add support for other databases libraries like
SQLdb (default), ZEOS or whatever you want;
- It works with IDENTITY columns (AutoInc) automatic and Sequence
values (generators);

Plese, see the examples
https://github.com/mdbs99/Greyhound/tree/master/examples

All comments are welcome, thanks.

Best regards,
Marcos Douglas

PS: I'm using 3 commercial projects successfully.