[Lazarus] Started IDE<>lhelp protocol documentation and proposed extensions

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 07:54:30 CEST 2013

I've started documenting the lhelp<>IDE protocol.

What has been bugging me is that the lhelp window flickers when loading
lots of chm files; you also have to work with a guesstimate to set
timing between loading files as you don't know when lhelp is done.

Therefore I'm proposing the extensions at
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Help_protocol#IPC_protocol
so the IDE can start lhelp hidden, load the files, and get a response
after each load.
It can also close down lhelp if it shuts down itself.

As usual, corrections and additions to the wiki are more than welcome.

Thanks,
Reinier