[Lazarus] New competition for Lazarus

Eric Kom erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
Sat Jun 1 11:06:43 CEST 2013

On 01/06/2013 10:27, Zaher Dirkey wrote:
> 1 - First i hate forking projects it wast the efforts, split the team,
> while other team can work together with first one (i am not mentioning
> who give the reason for that splitting)
>
> 2 - PilotLogic, just feeling, they have plan to make it commercial (i
> don't know if it can be), but from here i smell the money :P
the project is not even GPL or other open source licenses.
They don't do it for science, just for money:
http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/wiki/84-wiki/codetyphon-studio/72-codetyphon-about

> On Thu, May 30, 2013 at 1:58 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
> <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk <mailto:graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     I just saw this thread. The PilotLogic guys (creators of the
>     CodeTyphoon
>     project) has finally decided to fork Lazarus IDE and go their own
>     route.
>     Here are some "early days" screenshots.
>
>     http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/media/kunena/attachments/63/OpenIntiana64_2013-05-27.jpg
>
>     http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/media/kunena/attachments/63/Screenshot_2013-05-28.jpg
>

>     They plan to add multi-architecture / dual personalities (32-bit &
>     64-bit executables) on a single system, improved cross-compile support
>     with easy switching and indicator, C/C++ support, support more
>     platforms
>     etc.
>

>     For the full thread, here is the link.
>

>     http://www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/forum/ct-lab-news/2509-ct-4-30-lab-new-ide?limitstart=0&start=24
>

>     Regards,
>       - Graeme -
>

>     --
>

> --
> I am using last revision of Lazarus, FPC 2.6 on Windows XP SP3
>
> Best Regards
> Zaher Dirkey
>

> --

Kind Regards

Eric Kom

System Administrator & Programmer - Metropolitan College
/ You are scrupulously honest, frank, and \
| straightforward. Therefore you have few |
\ friends.                                /
    \
     \
         .--.
        |o_o |
        |:_/ |
       //   \ \
      (| Kom | )

2 Hennie Van Till, White River, 1240
Tel: 013 750 2255 | Fax: 013 750 0105 | Cell: 078 879 1334
erickom at kom.za.net | erickom at metropolitancollege.co.za
www.kom.za.net | www.kom.za.org | www.erickom.co.za

Key fingerprint: 513E E91A C243 3020 8735 09BB 2DBC 5AD7 A9DA 1EF5