[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

patspiper patspiper at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 14:31:26 CEST 2013

On 07/06/13 15:13, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Fri, 07 Jun 2013 11:36:31 +0300
> patspiper <patspiper at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On 07/06/13 11:24, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
>>> The old IDE macro page was merged into the new page. The internal
>>> structure for macros has changed. The loading function converts the old
>>> macros to the new format. Maybe there is the bug.
>>> The LCLWidgetType macro with value 'win32' should be under 'stored in
>>> project', 'targets:*' and enabled only under the build modes, where
>>> they were before.
>>> That means the LCLWidgetType:=gtk2 should only be enabled for build
>>> mode 'Linux' and the LCLWidgetType:=win32 should only be enabled for
>>> build mode 'Win32'.
>>> What do you see?
>> Exactly what you described. I attached a snapshot just in case.
> Fixed.
Confirmed. Thanks!

A suggestion: Since the Additions and Overrides don't apply to a
particular build mode, I suggest that the build mode selector at the top
be hidden when this page is selected in order to prevent confusion for
newcomers.

Now concerning the practical usage:
I have build modes for Linux and Win32 defined as project defaults. At
times I even add modes for other platforms. The build modes toolbar
button provides a quick way to switch the target platform.
Now the obvious way of integrating debug/release additions is to double
the build modes so that the quick selector is still used. Is there some
better way that allows the debug/release additions to be independent so
that the build modes are not doubled while still having a quick switch
selector (like an independent debug/release selector)?

Stephano