[Lazarus] New compiler options page "Additions and Overrides"

Michael Van Canneyt michael at freepascal.org
Sat Jun 8 16:49:06 CEST 2013

On Sat, 8 Jun 2013, Martin wrote:

> Ok, answers my other mail.
> I agree, it should be easier for beginners.
>
> Yet I disagree.
>
> To make it easier to learn for beginners, it should not hid build modes.

Yes.

> It should hide almost *ALL* the other options. What does a beginner care/know
> about smart-linking/optimization/debug-info ......
>
> *INSTEAD* of all those options, there should just be "Build for debug" /
> "Build for release".

No.

> Only the advanced user, then gets to see the rest.

Sorry. IMHO totally the wrong approach.

You think build modes must be a given. I say that they should be banned.

I just want to set some compiler options. That's it.
I do not want to care about build modes and where each option is saved and whatnot.

Never thought this concept would be so hard to grasp.

Michael.