[Lazarus] FPC source index

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 15:29:56 CEST 2013

On 20/06/13 11:36, Vincent Snijders wrote:

> But this is not a break with the past, is it? FPC sources, in particular
> TComponent sources, were needed always to generate events.

I can't remember that. I just know Lazarus IDE complains a lot now if
the FPC sources are not available - sometimes disabling features, or
other features simply not working any more (broken).

If there is such a close and unnecessary tie to FPC sources, then
Lazarus IDE must simply state that as minimum requirements and not allow
the IDE to start up if the sources are missing.

I say unnecessary because MSEide doesn't require FPC sources, yet its
integrated Form Designer, Object Inspector, code generation (eg: like
event handlers) etc still works.

Regards,
  - Graeme -