[Lazarus] [OT] New Lazarus website

dev.dliw at gmail.com dev.dliw at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 21:24:26 CEST 2013

Hi,

I don't know who did it - and if this is the right place to comment on this,
but anyway:

Great job, it looks much nicer than the old one. And it has a much more
professional look. *thumbs up*

There are only very small things, that IMO could be improved:

- the colors are a bit to bright / "loud", they could be slightly more subtle.
  Why not the "old", light blue colors, I don't think it was that bad...

- in the "Recent Announcements" box, I would put the date after the title (or
maybe in front of it), currently it is hard to read, as there is no difference
to the actual text

- "learn more" on some topics is slightly off and doesn't get highlighted on
mouseover

- "Download now" links to 1.0.8 and not 1.0.10

Another more general note:
Assuming that most of the users have widescreen monitors (16:9 or similar),
there is about 1/2 of the available place "wasted".
So it would be nice, if (at least a bit more) of the side space would be used,
but I'm also aware, that a scalable design is *very* hard to get right - so
this is in no way a complaint.

Regards,
d.l.i.w