[Lazarus] [OT] New Lazarus website

vfclists . vfclists at gmail.com
Sun Jun 23 13:52:57 CEST 2013

I think Delphi compatibility is given too much prominence in the basic
description. Lazarus is first and foremost an Object Pascal programming IDE
whereas Delphi compatibility is RAD/GUI via components aspect. I don't
think 18 years after Delphi was introduced many Windows users know what
Delphi is, let alone MAC or Linux users.

It should be introduced as an Object Pascal crossplatform development tool
that should be seen as a good alternative to the basically C++, Objective-C
and Python development tools on the non Windows platforms that also give
access to Windows.

Object Pascal as an alternative to C++, C, Python requires better emphasis.

On 22 June 2013 19:03, silvioprog <silvioprog at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Lazarus website with a new look:
>
> http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
>
> Enjoy!
>
> --
> Silvio Clécio
> My public projects - github.com/silvioprog
>
> --

Frank Church