[Lazarus] how compile Lazarus (GTK3)?

zeljko zeljko at holobit.net
Sun Jun 23 17:10:06 CEST 2013

On 06/23/2013 04:52 PM, Junior wrote:
> I know, just wanted to test, but as you said, does not work.
> It's all right

It works here, you must have installed at least gtk3 3.6.4.
It's not clever idea to build ide with gtk3 since it will probably
crash, but you can create simple project with form, buttons, edits and
rebuild it with gtk3 widgetset. That will work ONLY if you uncomment
define USEGTK3ALPHA in lcl/interfaces/gtk3/gtk3defines.inc.
Most of controls (handles) works except trayicon, splitter ...also
painting is in really beginning stage, but eg. TLabel works (at least
while it's transparent).
Stuff like TSpeedButton doesn't work because gtk3themes aren't
implemented yet at all.Clipboard and caret also does not exist yet.
Also I've created wiki about gtk3 which will be filled with informations.
http://wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/GTK3_Interface

zeljko