[Lazarus] Gtk3 widgetset started

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Tue Jun 25 14:21:34 CEST 2013

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:07:35 +0200
Vojtěch Čihák <vojtech.cihak at atlas.cz> wrote:

> Can you recommend me some good GTK3 distro ? I installed Ubuntu - Gnome Shell (GTK3.6) but the user experience with Gnome Shell is horrible. It is the most user-unfreindly desktop I ever worked with.

After tweaking Gnome Shell to my liking every other DE (except maybe Enlightenment) feels old and cumbersome to me. Fortunately user experience is a very personal thing.
Back to the question. Just keep your Ubuntu and do not use Gnome Shell. Use Enlightenment, KDE, Unity, XFCE or whatever DE you like. GTK3 does not depend on Gnome Shell it is the other way round.

R.