[Lazarus] Lazbuild and RunTime Packages

Leonardo M. Ramé l.rame at griensu.com
Wed Jun 26 00:56:13 CEST 2013

On 2013-06-25 17:48:10 -0500, Paul Breneman wrote:
> On 06/25/2013 04:57 PM, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:
> >Hi, I'm trying to compile Xidel
> >(http://videlibri.sourceforge.net/xidel.html) on a headless FreeBsd
> >machine, but, as this app requires the run-time package utf8tools I've
> >tried compiling using lazbuild:
> >
> >lazbuild --add-package utf8tools.lpk
> >
> >But I got this:
> >"ERROR: Package utf8tools.lpk is only for runtime."
> >
> >Is there a way to build runtime packages using Lazbuild?.
> >

> Sorry that I can't help with your problem but you've sparked my
> interest!  Xidel looks like a *very* interesting console project.
>
> I've already got a number of Free Pascal mini distributions which
> use Synapse (which Xidel uses):
>   http://www.ctrlterm.com/
>
> Maybe I should add FreeBsd releases to the educational project:
>   http://www.turbocontrol.com/helloworld.htm
>
> And then maybe I could add a new page with releases for Xidel?  But
> I see that Xidel needs a little more than just Free Pascal and
> Synapse. It would seem interesting to see how I can add Lazarus
> things but still have a small release to compile a console app.  Any
> suggestions?

Yes, it's a great tool. I stumbled upon it after days of trying to parse
a very complex HTML page using sed/grep/awk without success.

I really don't know why the developer (Benito van der Zander) added
those Lazarus dependencies when Xidel easily could be compiled using
only FPC. Maybe some of us can bring some help by polishing it.

P.S.: If you want the FreeBsd 9.1 64bits executable, I can send it to
you, it's 3.7Mb.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com