[Lazarus] FPC, Lazarus and 3rd libs

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Fri Mar 1 15:09:10 CET 2013

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:51 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2013-02-28 18:31, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>> You can change the output directory of the third party package to use
>> Yep, but for this I need to change lib's sources. I won't to not
>> missing the updates, but thanks anyway.
>

> I fail to understand what you mean by that? You simply need to change
> the Unit Output Directory in each *.lpk you use, and add the $(FPCVer)
> part to the path. No other "source code" needs to be changed.

I know. When I said source I mean *.lpk - it is a source too, not?

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
> On 2013-02-28 19:08, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but as I said, to do this you need to change the lib package
>> (source) to set the output files.
>> I do not want change the original libs sources.
>
> But why not? The *.lpk files hardly change. So if you get repository
> updates for those packages, there will not be any conflicts. Even if the
> *.lpk package changes (eg: new units was added), it should still not
> cause a conflict.

You probably right, but problems can happen -- little problems -- like
a file deleted, file renamed, etc. So I'll have to change the lpk
anyway, manually.

> You have to change something, otherwise you will not be able to find a
> solution to your issue. The above is the bare minimum and least invasive
> change you can make.

In that case I will prefer the  Mattias' tip "Compiling a project will
automatically rebuild the packages." so, I can use the original *.lpk
and one output directory for each package, but if I compile them using
other FPC version, they will automatically rebuild.

Regards,
Marcos Douglas