[Lazarus] Trouble with windows mobile scanner

"Arí Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Mon Mar 18 16:31:44 CET 2013

I developed an application to run in windows mobile. It remains forgotten for 2 years. A couple of weeks ago a firm call me asking for this application.

I install it in a Intermec C3Ka1 with windows mobile 6.1 and it ran ok, as expected. The surprise appears when I try to read a barcode with the C3Ka1 built in scanner. It reads the barcode but the result is not showed in the edit box component where the focus is.

I installed, in the same handheld, a similar application wrote in .net and the scanner read function operate right. If I open the windows mobile note app and read a barcode, the content of the barcode is showed in the note app screen normally.

I'm sure theat my application operates right with Motorola ES400 and HP HX2490(with a and external scanner atached in the handheld slot). When I use the scanner with my application in one of these 2 handhelds de scanner function operates OK and barcode value is passed to my program appearing in the correspondent edit box.

Based on this I ask: What is differente in the Intermec C3Ka1 and Intermec CN50? Why my Lazarus application doesn't detect the barcode read?

Do someone of you have idea of what is wrong here? Is there a way of fix the problem in the way my application function with these and others(perhaps all) hadnhelds running Window Mobile and having scanners?

I'm using: Lazarus 0.9.30 / FPC 2.4.2 / Windows 7 ultimate / sqlite 3

Greetings from São Paulo - Brazil

Ricardo