[Lazarus] Open position for web page admin

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:23:28 CET 2013

Hi
I posted this same message to forum:

There has been discussion about improving the main page
  http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org
over the years. It cannot be improved with patches like other parts of
Lazarus and its documentation can, so nothing has happened.
I see it as a black spot in our open source development process.
Patches are handled quite well but all ideas about the web page are
ignored.

The situation will change if there is a volunteer person or people
willing to improve the page.
The person / people must have these qualifications:
- Some idea of web page development.
- Shares the opinion that the main page should be more attractive for
new visitors, at least answering the question "What is this about?"
and making installing / testing Lazarus easy.
- Must have commitment to maintain the page for some time.
- Willing to take ideas and feedback from other people, but also have
own vision (otherwise it leads to headache).

The benefits are the same as for all Lazarus developers (the joy of helping).

The server resources for Lazarus forum and web pages are kindly
provided by FirmOS.
  http://www.firmos.at/
There will be a new VM copied, and a VPN connection for it. Through
VPN all ports and protocols can be used (ssh, ftp, scp, http).

The forum SW is TinyPortal which is a mod for SMF.
  http://www.tinyportal.net/
More technical details will be given if needed.

Please DO NOT use this thread to suggest actual improvements for the web pages.
I am afraid this thread will became very long if you do so. Use
another thread for that.
We are now only looking for a person (or people). All possible
suggestions should go to this new volunteer.

There are many long threads already about the topic. For example this
one with hundreds of messages :
 http://www.mail-archive.com/lazarus@lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/msg05702.html

So, who is the happy winner?

Regards,