[Lazarus] FPC, Lazarus and 3rd libs

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Fri Mar 1 15:34:22 CET 2013

On 2013-03-01 14:09, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> You probably right, but problems can happen -- little problems -- like
> a file deleted, file renamed, etc. So I'll have to change the lpk
> anyway, manually.

You should still not get any conflicts in the *.lpk files even if files
was added, renamed or deleted. The only time you will get a conflict
(and changes are very slim) is if upstream they changed the Unit Output
Directory - something that pretty much never happens after it was set.
They are different areas of the xml file (*.lpk file), so will not conflict.

Conflicts only occur if the same lines of code has changed locally and
upstream.

Anyway, it's your choice.

Regards,
  - Graeme -