[Lazarus] ForceDirectoriesUTF8

leledumbo leledumbo_cool at yahoo.co.id
Sat Mar 2 17:49:14 CET 2013

> as all my programs use string type, change them all to AnsiString is
scaring and I don't know the consequence at all

Do you access the string's internal structure? Do you write the string to
file directly instead of taking its content? If not, then nothing you have
to worry about. Standard string operations work the same for all string
type.

> My program is always in {$mode objfpc}  So string is not a problem, but
> shall I use the UTF8 version or not? I remember that Windows is NOT UTF8?

Windows supports wide characters, I don't know the encoding but it's likely
UTF-8 is at least in the subset. I suggest using UTF8 all the time.
1: You don't have to worry about it if in the future you need to support
UTF-8 characters
2: It does not hurt your current program