[Lazarus] Ok I give up!

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Sun Mar 3 00:05:44 CET 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 11:36 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Reinier Olislagers schrieb:
>

>>> What is *not* clear, to the OP and many other users, that the required
>>> functionality is *not* found directly in TMemo, but resides in a
>>> property (.Lines) of it. In such cases code completion is of little help
>>> :-(
>>

>> True, but what other suggestion do you have apart from the ones already
>> posted?
>

> Only the obvious one: add the frequently used TStrings methods also to
> TMemo. Either explicitly or in some more elegant way.
>
> E.g. the IStrings interface could be added to TMemo, implemented by Lines.
> That's the usual workaround for the lack of multiple inheritance, which here
> and in other list based controls would be the intuitive way for having both
> the list and control methods and properties in the class.
>
> DoDi

I might be wrong, but I guess it won't be very long before name
clashes occur and this comfort and discoverability becomes a mess of
confusing and ugly identifiers.
IMO the correct fix, if it's indeed missing, would be documentation
for TMemo wrt common usage.

-Flávio