[Lazarus] Ready-made lhelp after SVN update was: Re: Help with... help!

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Mon Mar 4 20:16:20 CET 2013

On 3/4/2013 04:46, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
> On 2-3-2013 17:51, waldo kitty wrote:
>> On 3/2/2013 00:20, Reinier Olislagers wrote:
>>> Guys,
>>>
>>> Anybody else interested in getting F1 to show the offline help if
>>> context-sensitive help is not appropriate?
>>
>> i followed a wiki page that the help points to... the only thing i'm not
>> sure of is why it doesn't get built automatically when i update from SVN
>> and build... i'll be working on something and then hit the F1 key and
>> realize that the help stuff is being built... weird...
>
> Just had a quick look through the Lazarus makefile.fpc - seems lhelp
> gets built as part of a bigide build. So just make sure you do a bigide
> build after your SVN checkout...

that's too much... my script already does the following specifically to not use
bigide...

:setvals
set task1=before svn update...
set step1=make clean
set task2=updating lazarus from svn...
set step2=TortoiseProc /command:update /path:"%myLAZpath%"
set task3=build lazbuild, startlazarus and necessary tools...
set step3=make lazbuild lcl ideintf basecomponents starter
set task4=save existing lazarus.exe...
set step4=if exist lazarus.exe copy /y lazarus.exe lazarus.save.exe
set task5=Clean Up + Build all
set step5=rem lazbuild.exe --build-ide= --build-mode="clean up + build all"
set copy5=rem copy lazarus.exe lazarus-clean_up_build_all.exe
set task6=Normal IDE
set step6=rem lazbuild.exe --build-ide= --build-mode="normal ide"
set copy6=rem copy lazarus.exe lazarus-normal.exe
set task7=Debug IDE
set step7=lazbuild.exe --build-ide= --build-mode="debug ide"
set copy7=rem copy lazarus.exe lazarus-debug.exe
set task8=Optimized IDE
set step8=rem lazbuild.exe --build-ide= --build-mode="optimized ide"
set copy8=rem copy lazarus.exe lazarus-optimized.exe
set task9=Copy chosen IDE to lazarus.exe
set step9=rem copy lazarus-debug.exe lazarus.exe

i guess maybe i should add lhelp to step3? the question is in what position in
the given line...

NOTE: steps 5, 6, 8 and 9 are REM'd out in the command passed to the function...
so we're only generating the debug ide and using that for all work...