[Lazarus] Ok I give up!

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Tue Mar 5 19:01:10 CET 2013

Am 2013-03-05 13:57, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
 > Please don't post this kind of stuff. Instead help make Lazarus better
 > by raising bug reports with concrete issues and preferably patches.

Sorry if I am as frustrated too. But mostly when I pointed to whatever
issue either noone was interested or even worse, someone trys to convince me
that the bug is not a bug. So even those who try to help are repelled.

 > On Windows, the installer just *works* and gives you help out of the
 > box, since about Laz 1.0.
 > No idea about Linux as I don't use the package manager versions.

I just recently installed a snapshot version of Lazarus on Windows (I cannot copy
the version number from the "about" window because I cannot select text. Why?).
This version uninstalled the previous version before installing the new one.
So I would expect it should work "out of the box".
Still, if I put the cursor on "if" or any other keyword and type F1 I get (again
I could not copy/paste but had to cumbersome retype the window text):

A help database was found for th....
Help keyword "FPCKeyword_if" not found.