[Lazarus] Another help problem, was Re: Ok I give up!

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 19:25:08 CET 2013

On 5-3-2013 19:01, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> Am 2013-03-05 13:57, schrieb Reinier Olislagers:
> I just recently installed a snapshot version of Lazarus on Windows (I
> cannot copy
> the version number from the "about" window because I cannot select text.
> Why?).
Crystal ball in the shop. Please raise a bug.

> This version uninstalled the previous version before installing the new
> one.
> So I would expect it should work "out of the box".
I would expect it to not overwrite the user's config (the ones in
tools/options etc) by default (as is usual with updates for many
programs and seems to be the polite thing to do).
Your config contains help file paths etc....

So perhaps deleting your existing config while upgrading may be handy.