[Lazarus] XanaNews port to Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 16:33:05 CET 2013

On 2013-03-06 15:08, Leonardo M. Ramé wrote:

> Did you try http://pan.rebelbase.com/ ?

Like I said, I have tried just about every client out there.

Problems with Pan:
  * No offline support. Well, it only caches a single newsgroup for
    offline support. Cache another newsgroup, and the first one's
    cache is removed. Offline support is important to me, because I
    I need to search message bodies across multiple newsgroups.
  * I was blown away, when I noticed that you can't add attachments
    to a new post!
  * You can't save attachments from other peoples posts. Important
    for me to get patches or review screenshots from bug reports
    etc.

Good news is, Pan looked good and is much faster than Mozilla
Thunderbird. Unfortunately the above problems makes it a no go.

So far only XanaNews works for me in all my test cases... but
unfortunately it is Windows only. I'm running it inside a Windows VM at
the moment, but will definitely not do that the whole time.

I guess I just need to start porting XanaNews then.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/