[Lazarus] Fixes 2.6.2 cod breaks 2.6.0 code?

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Wed Mar 13 18:27:42 CET 2013

On 2013-03-13 16:10, Frank Church wrote:

> Is the fixes branch supposed to introduce new functionality that can
> break code that compiled in previous releases?

For FPC yes that is the case. As Flavio stated. You can't pass a
property as a var parameter any more. Annoying, but I the FPC devel had
good reason as far as I know. Can't remember the exact explanation.

Anyway, you have to change your code to the following.

  GCache.ClientHeight := GCache.ClientHeight - (DefaultRowHeight *
FooterRowCount + 2);

I also believe the new FPC changes also means that with properties you
also can't use the short *= += -= etc syntax, which I loved to use. The
above would have been written as

  GCache.ClientHeight -= (DefaultRowHeight * FooterRowCount + 2);

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/