[Lazarus] Labels and Font size

Graeme Geldenhuys graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 20:25:21 CET 2013

On 2013-03-18 18:58, Mattias Gaertner wrote:

> That does not work well, because of rounding errors and different
> fonts/themes.

I used it for years (at least with CLX, and especially so under Linux
where each system's dpi value could be different - though these days
Linux seem to default to 96 - which I consider bad practice). Anyway,
for years I had no problems with the scaling ability.

> Yes, layout managers are a solution, although IMO "great ease" is an
> exaggeration.

Qt and Java makes it dead simple, and yes I consider that "with great ease".

@Jurgen:
Here is the wiki page I remember seeing.
   http://wiki.freepascal.org/High_DPI

Regards,
  - Graeme -