[Lazarus] Labels and Font size

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 19 07:53:29 CET 2013

Am 18.03.2013 19:58 schrieb "Mattias Gaertner" <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 18:50:23 +0000
> Graeme Geldenhuys <graeme at geldenhuys.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > On 2013-03-18 16:39, Jürgen Hestermann wrote:
> > > What I just found is that this is influenced by the Windows font size
settings.
> > > It is "big" on my machine and "normal" on the machine at work.
> > > If I change it to normal on my machine everything looks okay.
> > > Do you mean this too?
> >
> > Yes, that is exactly what I meant.  Kylix (and I believe Delphi) had a
> > DPI setting stored in the form file (*.xfm). This was then used to
> > automatically scale the form and its content if another system had a
> > different DPI value.
>
> That does not work well, because of rounding errors and different
> fonts/themes.

It would at least be nice (if it doesn't exist already) that a readonly
DesignDPI property is added to the forms and frames? For a WinCE
application where I need to support different DPIs I'm hardcoding my own
DPI value into the code, but this will break if a colleague should edit or
add one form/frame on a computer with different DPI settings... So it would
be nice if I could rely on the form/frame telling me in which DPI setting
it was last edited...

Regards,
Sven