[Lazarus] Lazarus update

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Tue Mar 19 13:53:57 CET 2013

Chavoux Luyt <chavoux at gmail.com> hat am 19. März 2013 um 11:54 geschrieben:

>  Hi guys
>
>  I am still running lazarus v.1.0 RC, basically because I installed a bunch of
> components (mostly 3D - GLScene, OpenGL, etc) and I can no longer remember
> which ones came as part of Lazarus and which ones I had to install myself (I
> am also a bit afraid that updating lazarus and fpc might break something). Is
> there any way to record all currently installed components (Lazarus inbuilt
> and self-installed) and automatically re-install them when updating Lazarus?
> Would it be difficult to write a bash script (or .bat file on windows) that
> can do this (if it does not already exist in Lazarus)?

Close the IDE.
Backup your ~/.lazarus directory.
Install the new version.
Start the new version. It will notify about upgrading config files.
Go to Packages / Install/Uninstall packages. You should see that GLScene and
your other packages are marked as "to be installed".
Close dialog.
Rebuild Lazarus. This will compile an IDE with your set of packages.
Restart the IDE.

>  FYI I am running Lazarus on Debian stable (Mepis 11), so I normally use .deb
> files for installing fpc and lazarus, (but not for components).

Mattias