[Lazarus] New control TLvlGraphControl and new IDE package graph

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 24 17:46:12 CET 2013

On 24.03.2013 17:41, Mattias Gaertner wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 13:56:31 +0100
> Sven Barth <pascaldragon at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> [...]
>> Oooohhhh... nice. It will be interesting to see how this component copes
>> with the dependency graph of the compiler units... hehe ^^
>
> Here is are two screenshots of the compiler units.
> The first shows the compiler/x86 directory, the second the
> compiler/systems directory.
> For the units of the compiler directory you need a 4k screen and it's
> very messy.
> This needs some specials. Like filtering or something like the
> "components" suggested by DoDi.

Components won't help here as the compiler is too interconnected (though
the CPU directories look rather nice ^^).

I've written a little tool some weeks ago which uses fcl-passrc to
extract the unit dependencies and prints a dot file which can be
processed by Graphviz. With this I wanted to check where we might have
cycles and if we could fix their detection, but for now I've given up,
because the graph is to messy. As a next step I planned to implement a
Circos (see http://circos.ca/images/ ) backend for that tool...

Regards,
Sven