[Lazarus] Debugging fixed strings in UTF8 encoding

Paul Ishenin ip at kmiac.ru
Wed Mar 27 05:53:11 CET 2013

27.03.2013 12:08, Ernest V Miller wrote:

> I consider having a special string var for debugging russian is completely
> stupid. Maybe I don't know some GDB tweak to force it to recognize the
> characters of my ancestry in fixed strings?

At the moment (FPC 2.6.x) ansistring variables does not contain encoding
field which can help debugger to recognize encoding. When FPC 2.7.1 will
out this will be possible.

The only solution I see is to have a combobox with possible ansi
encodings to convert your string data.

Best regards,
Paul Ishenin