[Lazarus] Debugging fixed strings in UTF8 encoding

Ernest V Miller miller_ev at etk.ru
Thu Mar 28 06:54:50 CET 2013

As you could see in my previous examples, Lazarus shows the content of
variable string correctly,  no matter how the symbols are encoded.
So there is no need in special encoding options in Watches.
The point is that when IDE evaluates the string content, there is a
difference for it whether the string has variable of fixed length.
After all, strings are ordered sequences of characters and should be
recognized very very similar.
I think it is a bug, and it seems to me that it can be fixed with minimal
changes.