[Lazarus] [ANN] fpCEF3

dev.dliw at gmail.com dev.dliw at gmail.com
Thu May 23 19:15:16 CEST 2013

Hi list,

finally I managed to get it in shape - and it's here now:
-- Chromium Embedded Framework 3 for Free Pascal / Lazarus --

I hope this will help to finally get a cross-platform and full-featured HTML
viewer for Lazarus.

https://github.com/dliw/fpCEF3

You will find all relevant information in the Readme.

Some more notes:

1. There are still crashes / exceptions
Most of them go away if you disable fpc's runtime checks
- I would really like to know, what the reason is -
but some (heavier) websites like Youtube still can crash the library.

I don't know the exact reason, it might be something plugin / java script
related or - more likely - something string related, which isn't easy to solve
as CEF has it's very own way to handle strings...

The main problem (for me) is debugging CEF systematically,
libcef.so (in the debug version) is about 1.3 GB in size and gdb takes about 1
min. to load - just to see why a certain webpage crashes the library few
seconds afterwards... :(

2. Only Linux is (currently) supported
The simple reason is, that I don't have a Windows ready for development...

3. I use(d) this for a small project of mine, where I need(ed) to show big
static htmls (no plugins / no js) and no existing solutions worked for me

I'm (currently) very busy in 'real life', so don't expect much / very frequent
input from my side...

thus I would greatly appreciate any patches - of course I am willing to
acknowledge any involvement...

Still - I hope I will get - at least - Windows working soon - if time permits.

Regards,
d.l.i.w