[Lazarus] UTF8 compiling problem

Antonio Fortuny a.fortuny at sitasoftware.lu
Fri May 24 10:18:03 CEST 2013

Hi Folks.

I've replaced today an old Lararus installation  by the latest 1.0.8 and
FPC 2.6.2 on a Win64 target. All needed packages recompiled and
installed OK 8-)
But when compiling a project which compiles without problems on a Win32
target (Laz 1.0.8 too) I get these compilation errors: =-O

IpServiceConsole.lpr(22,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
LAZUTF8_UTF8POS$ANSISTRING$ANSISTRING$INT64$$INT64
IpServiceConsole.lpr(22,1) Error: Undefined symbol:
LAZUTF8_UTF8FIXBROKEN$ANSISTRING

In the project code I have this:
                     {$IFDEF MSWINDOWS}
                     wUTF8 := SysToUTF8(wField);        // from fileutil.pas
or
                     wUTF8 := LazUTF8.SysToUTF8(wField);
                     {$ELSE}
                     wUTF8 := CP1252ToUTF8(wField);
                     {$ENDIF}
only once. I have to deal with win32, win64 winCE and Linux for some
projects. BTW, the same project compiles without problems on Linux
Whatever function is used, same errors
On WinCE i Compile on a Win32 target + WinCE
The unit used is LazUtf8

Thanks in advance for any help.

Antonio.