[Lazarus] Differences between TSQLTransaction and TMySQL55Transaction

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Thu May 9 08:37:46 CEST 2013

On 05/09/2013 12:44 AM, William Oliveira Ferreira wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I´ve noticed some minutes ago that exists a extra transaction class
> related for MySQL 5.5. What are the major differences between these classes?
>
> thanks...

TMySQL55Transaction was an attempt at abstracting the MySQL transaction
handle. It is not used anymore. See mysqlconn.ini:

type
  TMySQL55Transaction = Class(TTransactionName);

  TTransactionName = Class(TSQLHandle)
  protected
  end;

function TConnectionName.AllocateTransactionHandle: TSQLHandle;
begin
//  Result:=TTransactionName.Create;
  Result := nil;
end;